My very own wedding Invites

January 20, 2011



Because I've shown off my thank you cards I thought I may as well show you some photos of my wedding invites. (And just a mention to my wonderful husband who folded every single envelope AND learnt how to coptic stitch bind for me) Hubby and I got married in September, during spring in the lovely Hawkes Bay, New Zealand. It was such a wonderful day and I love looking back at the photo's, shot by the spectacular Eva Bradley.

As for the invites, true to form they took me forever to decide on a design. Why is it always so much harder to design for yourself?  Despite how long it took me to decide on them, I'm incredibly happy with how they turned out. We went with a farm theme for stationary as we were going to have the reception on a friends farm, unfortunatly a huge wind storm came through the country at that time and we couldnt get the marquee up, but the day before the wedding we found a local golf club to host the reception and my family and friends came to the rescue and did an amazing job at turning the venue into a wonderful kitch palace, complete with wood panaling and all!

Sorry that the images aren't very clear (I currently only have a point and shoot camera) but I reckon you'll get the idea of what they looked like!

And here is a picture of me and my wonderful husband on our big day just to show off.


photo taken by Eva Bradley

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....I'm completely smitten! These are so unique and fun and just wonderful altogether!!! I love the photo of the location and well, just everything! Amaaaazing job...can't believe you did these yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about talented!!!! I think I started drooling a little bit over those babies! You are quite the designer and I love that they are completely you because......you designed them! SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are adorable!! love them!! thanks for following the bright life...i'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. for some reason blogger isn't letting me follow you! so, a correction: i WILL be your newest follower soon. hopefully tomorrow! :) xo, katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these wedding invites! The font, colors, images of the beautiful outdoors. (I also loved the letterpress notes in your post below too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys so much! Its great to get positive feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are absolutely fantastic! Too bad I didn't find you before I got married :)

    ReplyDelete

Pigeon Pie Design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger