so yesterday was my birthday...

May 11, 2011



I was lucky enough to have the best birthday I've had since I was young younger. I reckon it's because it was my first birthday that I've been married... I have a pretty awesome husband if I don't say so myself.
Hubby made the most delicious carrot cake in the world. EVER. I figured that since its got carrot in it that it could be eaten for breakfast, morning tea and then again for afternoon tea. It was (and still is) amazing!

But the most exciting part of the day was my brand spanking new Pentax Kr camera that I got for my birthday. I love it and keep taking photos of everything. You'll probably get sick of pictures of my breakfast, feet, walls, goldfish, husband ... pretty much anything thats still enough for me to photograph it. Best present ever in my opinion (except for a pony, I think horse beats anything in the world ... unless its a miniature pony and then its just impractical and a bit funny looking).

We had a delicious dinner out at a restaurant called Balthazar (anyone in Perth, I recommend it ) The food was the most amazing thing I've eaten in years. We also got to feel a bit swish having pallet cleansers and fancy foods like bone marrow foam, I had a boar and rabbit ragu followed by squid, roasted pork, crackling and a pigs tail with some duck fat potatoes ... I may have over porked, but it tasted amazing, so good that I had to undo my belt a notch.


Anyway enough about my birthday, I just felt like bragging a bit, hope you've all had great weeks so far!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, dear! It looks and sounds like a perfect day. I love these photos, they look so happy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthdays are awesome especially when they're accompanied by cards like that. Glad it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Pigeon Pie Design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger