I'm free... almost

August 15, 2011




Wow...what a weekend! My parents came from New Zealand on Saturday to visit, sounds innocent and simple doesn't it? Not with our family! Unfortunately my Dad made a bit of joke when feeling uncomfortable as the customs officers were doing their pat-down-a-stranger-in-a-creepy-uncle kinda way... this wasn't seen as funny and ended up with a missed flight, police and a general over reaction which scared my poor old Dad. NZ airport security, you better bet your getting a disgruntled letter from me... ANYWAY so Mum and Dad did make it after that but its been such a crazy weekend that I have barely seen them. 


So what have I been doing you may ask that has drawn me away from my parents? I have been trying to make a half decent portfolio to woe potential clients to my magnificent self as I am currently in my last week of employment at my job and am desperately hoping to make it as a freelance designer (with a part time job until I become fabulously famous of course). So in the next month be prepared to see the launch of my stationery lines, web site and other bits and bobs. Be warned I plan to saturate the internet with my wares until someone takes me up on the offer to design their invites, logos and cook books (hint, hint)


I also was a good wife (kinda) and made it to the farmers markets to supply our little family with plentiful fresh produce, a myriad of nuts and some tasty looking fancy pants organic, biodynamic beef. Tasty! I also picked up the flowers above at the market, you gotta love market flowers, they bring a life to a house. 


So enough of my past bed time grumbles, rambles and hopeless attempts at humor, have a lovely night and I shall see you tomorrow! (I won't actually see you, but shall feel your bloggery presence through world wide web)

1 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Security at airports is so uptight! You cannot even make little jokes like that, that sucks. But anyway these two photos are beautiful. I hope you had a great time with your parents and good luck on your portfolio dear!:)

    ReplyDelete

Pigeon Pie Design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger