Behind the scenes: Tools of my trade

April 23, 2013


I took this snapshot of my desk for an honest look at what I use in my day to day design process. 

From my mac and wacom to my cow bone folder and ink pens, nothing would get done without this stuff... my desk would also be a whole lot clearer too...

My whole process is based around sketching everything. First in thumbnails then more detailed drawings, this is all before I ever even touch the computer. Computers can be a massive idea suck-hole, where too many fandangled filters and other peoples work examples are available to stop creative juices from developing. In the words of one of my uni instructors "you can't polish a poo". So make sure the idea is worth spending the time on before you commit.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeon Pie Design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger