hey look I'm flying

May 23, 2011




I hope everyone had a good weekend. The weather cleared up and we had gorgeous blue skies this weekend. Saturday was manic getting 101 jobs done that we can't do during the week but Sunday was a bit more relaxing, I even managed to sew some new curtains for our lounge and eat copious amounts of the macadamia chocolate cookies my husband made.


Awhile ago I drew this poster for my then boyfriend. The 'hey look I'm flying' was a bit of an in joke from when our relationship started to get more serious,  hubby decided to bring the poster over to Perth with him when we moved to Australia (hence the creases in the paper). I love that he loves it and I still really like the typography in it (is that arrogant to say?), it also makes a nice addition to our home.


Which brings me to my next subject, I'm going to make one letter of the alphabet each week and show the world on Thursdays. I'm really looking forward to flexing my typographic muscles... hopefully they haven't shriveled into comic sans loving muscles since I last used them.


*sorry about the shaky pic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pigeon Pie Design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger